Monday, August 3, 2009

A Visit to Texarkana


One of my favorite hobbies...making cute birthday cakes for people I love!


Googie and Pappy with Jackson, Lilly Claire and Savannah Grace

All of Googie and Pappy's grandkids...Lexie, Emily, Maxton, Holly, James, Samuel, Lilly Claire, Jackson, Savannah Grace and Bennett

This summer, Googie invited Jackson and Savannah Grace to spend a few days at her house...without mommy and daddy. They swam, played with their cousins, went to Chuck-E-Cheese's and just did fun stuff. They had a really fun time!
Googie took Jackson and Savannah Grace to Ross (Googie's favorite store) to let them pick out "anything they want." I am sure Googie was thinking a new toy or something. However, both of my children picked out new shoes. Ha! Savannah Grace picked out some super cute blinged out flip flops that I would have so picked out for her. On the other hand, Jackson and I tend to go back and forth about tennis shoes. I tend to lean towards the classic colored nikes...with shoe strings...the boy can tie his shoes. I hate to admit this, but I have never bought him a pair of "superman" or cartoon type shoes. I am just picky like that. Anyway, all that said, to say that Jackson took this opportunity to pick out his own new tennis shoes without his mother there to give an opinion. Googie bought him some BRIGHT all WHITE non-tie shoes. Oh my. And to add to it, he LOVES them and refuses to wear anything else. Thanks, Googie. :)

On Saturday, we went to Nicklas' 2-year old birthday party. It was an animal themed party and I got to make the cake! It was a fun weekend!

No comments: