The addition is going on the right side of the house.
Savannah Grace, Lilly Claire, Jackson
Dirt!!
Lots of Dirt!
Lilly Claire loves dirt! But she will always be in ruffles and bows while playing in it! Ha!
I wasn't sure whether to title this post "Ground Breaking" or "Mommy is Spoiled". This week they started work on our house addition...which includes a new closet for mommy.
Jody and I have been married almost 14 years now, and we have moved at least every 3 years of our marriage. Sometimes because we had to, but sometimes just because we wanted to. I tell you all that to say, that this past January was 3 years in our current house. When we built our house, in our mind, we wanted to stay forever. But this past January, at almost exactly the same time...it was like our internal clocks went off and we started a conversation that went something like..."So...are we going to sell our house...build again...move to sherman...what do you think....I really like the kids rooms and our yard....and the swingset is concreted in....ok let's stay."
Around the same time we had this discussion, Ceci-Bates was wanting to get rid of some empty lots and we were able to get the lots on both sides of us for a good deal. There are really only 3 major things I would change about my house if I had to do it again....my closet is too small, we really need a mudroom for backpacks and stuff, and our driveway is too narrow. So Jody, being the generous, sweet guy that he is, said, "Let's fix it!" And so my new closet and mudroom is being built...and he's getting his bigger driveway. Yipppeee!
1 comment:
Your house is amazing! I would love to see pics of all of the inside! I would really like to have a mudroom when we buy a house next summer...I wonder if it will really help me and the kids be more organized?! Can't wait to see what it looks like when they are finished. Congrats!
Post a Comment